Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Introduction



Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Hi my name is George Flowers and this is my fourth semester at MCC.  My wife, Barb, and I have been married for 31 years and have two grown children.  Our son, Dan, is married and he and his wonderful wife, Sara, had a baby girl, Lauren, ten months ago making us first time grandparents.  Our daughter, Amy, recently finished her Masters degree in Biotechnology from Northwestern University and currently is working in a job that is out of her degree (a job is a job these days) while she pursues her Doctorate degree. I am in my 4th semester in the fast track program for an AAS degree in Network Security and I am enjoying the program very much.  The last 30+ years I spent working for the same company until they closed the shop in Illinois and moved everything to their home office in Wisconsin. Because of this I qualified for a program that helps pay for the costs of my reeducation in another field.  I am looking forward to learning more about network infrastructure and how to configure it for the best possible operation.  I have a small home network and any knowledge gained will be put to use right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment